About the company
Tupolev is the leading Russian company for design, manufacture and post-sale support of missile carrier bombers and special purpose aircraft. It is the head enterprise of the strategic and long-range aviation division of the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC).
Offices: Kazan, Ulyanovsk, Samara, Zhukovsky, St. Petersburg, Taganrog, Ryazan
Employees: more than 12,000
Head: Ronis N. Sharipov, General Director of Tupolev PJSC.
Tupolev PJSC is a team of thousands of professionals who are united by a common mission,ideas, business values and ethical principles.Our mission is to develop, manufacture and provide after-sale support for military, special and civil aircraft with priority needs of government customers, as well as achieve leading positions in the aircraft industry.
Tupolev PJSC carries on traditions of the enterprise founded in 1922 by Andrey N. Tupolev, the greatest Russian aircraft designer and organizer of the domestic aviation industry.
About 280 world records for flight range and load-lifting capacity were set on Tupolev airplanes.
History in detail
- ANT-4, a twin-engined bomber, was built.
- ANT-3 (R-3), a two-seater reconnaissance airplane, was built.
- Tu-4 third generation piston heavy bomber, a geometric copy and equivalent of B-29 bomber of the US Air Force, was built.
- Tu-12, the country’s first frontline bomber equipped with a turbojet engine, was created.
- Tu-16 all-purpose heavy twin-engined jet, which became the first Soviet mass-produced heavy aircraft capable of carrying nuclear weapons over long distances, was built.
- Tu-95, an extremely long-range bomber, was created.
- Tu-144, the world’s first supersonic passenger aircraft, was created.
- Tu-154, a three-engined passenger jet for medium-range operations, which was designed to carry 152 - 180 passengers, was built. It the most mass-produced domestic passenger jet.
- Tu-142, a long-range anti-submarine defense aircraft, was created.